Round 2 of our post-Wildcard weekend Mock Draft.
The order is as accurate as I could find. Teams with identical win loss records rotate each subsequent round. I could not find a rule on how that works with team with the same record who were in the playoffs vs. teams outside of the playoffs so therefore I kept them the same. If the order is not accurate or a trade has been missed, please let me know and I will have that corrected on the next update.
– Dan Connor – LB – Penn St.: The Dolphins will need to focus on the LB position at some point. Zach Thomas is questionable for a return next season, there are outside LB questions and the Dolphins may likely go to a full time 3-4. Connor is a tackling machine. The biggest question is this…Is there any way that this kid could fall out of round 1? Answer: Not likely. It will all depend on what teams really focus on. Connor would be a steal…IMO…in the 2nd round.
- Rashard Mendenhall – RB – Illinois:
- Ali Highsmith – OLB – LSU
- Quentin Groves – LB – Auburn
- Chad Henne – QB – Michigan
- Xavier Adibi – OLB – VT
- Kentwan Balmer – DT - N.C.:
- Shaun Crabel – OLB – Michigan:
- Fred Davis – TE – USC:
- Dre Moore – DT – Maryland
- Phil Loadholt – OT – Ok:
- Alex Boone – OT – OSU:
- Reggie Smith – CB – Ok:
- Erin Henderson – OLB – Maryland
- Jeremy Thompson – DE – Wake Forest:
-(from Houston for Matt Schaub) Red Bryant – DT – TX A&M:
- Darrell Robertson – DE – GT:
- Chris Ellis – DE – VT:
Jake Ikegwouna – CB – Wisconsin – Wouldn’t want to be this guy this year.
Jamaal Charles – RB – Texas:
The following three teams share identical records, but Cleveland did not make the playoffs. I am not sure if they rotate with the other two…for this mock, I have left Cleveland and rotated Tenn and Pitt. Seattle and the NY Giants also will be in this rotation when they are no longer in the playoffs.
Demario Pressley – DT – NC State:
Patrick Lee – CB – Auburn
Erick Young – G – Tennessee – Yes, I know I have them drafting OT Jeff Otah in the first, but they conceivably could lose two starting lineman in FA this year. They could also go RB with the question marks around Willie Parkers availability from rehab.
Playoffs will determine the following:
Chris Johnson – RB – East Carolina
- Oniel Cousins – OT – UTEP:
- Martellus Bennett – TE – Tx A&M:
- James Hardy – WR – Indiana:
- John Carlson – TE – Notre Dame:
- Duke Robinson – OG – Ok:
– D Rodgers-Cromartie – CB – Tenn. St..: