Jason Taylor has finally said something about football. The Miami Dolphins have still said nothing more than he won’t be at camp. Jason Taylor says football starts in July. The Dolphins say they have an early June mandatory mini-camp. See where the problem is in all of this?
At least one of JT’s excuses is somewhat legitimate. Jason will miss this Monday’s OTA to attend his annual charity golf-tournament. Jason had to have the tournement date locked down prior to the Dolphins releasing their off-season work schedule. Since the OTA is not mandatory and the event is pre-booked and charitable…JT shouldn’t have to answer that question.
Still it makes you wonder if something has been said or done, good or bad? The Dolphins and JT had a scheduled face to face for next week, the Dolphins have cancelled that meeting. Scheduling conflict? Jason tell them he would report in July? Trade deal coming? Are the Phins executives just done with it all?
In this merry-go-round the only thing that is 100 percent certain is that you can pass the Jason Taylor topic off and in a few days it will come right back around.
Here is some of what JT had to say:
“I’m under contract with the Dolphins. So again, I’m looking forward to playing some golf” – In response to questions regarding a trade.
“Football doesn’t start until July and training camp, so I’ll be all right. I’ve been in L.A. and so far removed from it. Like I said, I’ll deal with that when I get there.” – when being asked about the comments of Tony Sparano concerning him not reporting to training camp.