The Miami Dolphins started their mini-camp, the first mandatory camp of this new season and a few notes have been thrown out by the media. With the first practice, the AM edition, completed, a few notes worth mentioning.
- Josh McCown began the practice as the starting QB: Nothing important to take from the news as the QB’s will likely swap days as the starter. If McCown is the starter tomorrow as well…different story.
- Tony Sparano said that Michael Lehan will miss a couple of weeks with an ankle injury, Randy Starks had an excused abscense, and Jason Taylor did not. Sparano also said the Phins are not in the market for a CB at this point.
- QB Coach David Lee loves his QB’s however it appears that the edge is swinging in McCowns’ favor as Lee views him as a very good leader.
- Sparano loves what he sees in Langford and Merling…the two rookies
- In a possible tipoff to the future of Jay Feely, Sparano said that it is difficult to keep a kick-off specialist and a field goal kicker…”It probably doesn’t make great sense”. With Feely being a good FG guy but not a great KO guy, his days may very well be numbered.
- Quentin Moses is working as an OLB
- Matt Roth is working as both a DE in the 34 and an OLB in the 34