The NFL has a rule that you must have an official depth chart before your first pre-season game. Well the Miami Dolphins obliged that rule today and came out with their “official” dept-chart. If you want to believe that it has anything to do with anything, then that is your perogitive.
Tony Sparano warned the local media not to make too much out of the first chart, citing that things could easily change by the end of the afternoon practice. He also stated that 1st team QB Josh McCown is listed as number 1 only due to the seniority factor. For some reason…I believe him.
Lets face it, Sparano is not a fool. He is not going to give these guys any reason to believe that 1, they are safe, and 2, that they are well….safe. The fact is that Sparano isn’t ready to name a starter because none of the 3 QB’s have performed well at all. In fact, given the 3, Chad Henne may be the most improved.
So while a lot of fans are already starting to cling to the notion that McCown is the new number 1 guy, forget about it. This depth chart should simply say “I have to”. It’s the same reason I’m posting it here.
- WR 1: Ted Ginn, Derek Hagan, David Kircus, Jayson Foster, Anthony Armstrong
- LT: Jake Long, Ikechuku Ndukwe
- LG: Justin Smiley, Shawn Murphy
- C: Samson Satele, Steve McKinney, Matt Spanos
- RG: Trey Darilek, Donald Thomas, Mike Byrne
- RT: Vernon Carey, Daren Heerspink
- TE: Anthony Fasano, David Martin, Sean Ryan, Justin Peelle, Matthew Mulligan
- WR 2: Ernest Wilford, Greg Camarillo, Davone Bess, John Dunlap, Selwyn Lymon.
- QB: Josh McCown, John Beck, Chad Henne
- FB: Regan Mauia, Boomer Grigsby
- RB: Ronnie Brown, Ricky Williams, Patrick Cobbs, Jalen Parmele, Lex Hilliard
- LE: Matt Roth, Randy Starks, Kendall Langford, Rodrique Wright
- NT: Jason Ferguson, Paul Soliai, Anthony Toribio
- RE: Vonnie Holliday, Phillip Merling, Lionel Dotson
- SLB: Joey Porter, Rob Ninkovich, Junior Glymph, Titus Brown
- ILB 1: Channing Crowder, Kelvin Smith, Kelly Poppinga
- ILB 2: Akin Ayodele, Reggie Torbor, Edmond Miles
- WLB: Charlie Anderson, Quentin Moses, Keith Saunders
- LCB: Will Allen, Joey Thomas, Chris Roberson
- RCB: Andre Goodman, Travis Daniels, Nathan Jones, Will Billingsley
- FS: Jason Allen, Chris Crocker, Renaldo Hill
- SS: Yeremiah Bell, Keith Davis, Courtney Bryan
- P: Brandon Fields
- K: Jay Feely, Dan Carpenter
- KO: Jay Feely, Dan Carpenter
- H: Brandon Fields
- KOR: Ted Ginn, Jayson Foster, Davone Bess
- PR: Ted Ginn, Jayson Foster, Davone Bess
- LS: John Denney