This year the news and notes that were updated every possible minute will be a little less this year. The Miami Dolphins are not allowing the media to blog as much as they were in the past and my real world job is getting in the way. I will try and do my best to keep you updated.
Here are some of today’s updates:From Edgar Thompson – Palm Beach Post
– Shawn Murphy is lining up with the first team at right guard.
– The team opens up with some razzle-dazzle, much to delight of fans.
An end-around to Ted Ginn Jr. who tossed it to Patrick Cobbs, followed by an end-around to Anthony Armstrong.
– Rookie QB Pat White looked pretty good on a roll-out, hitting Ernest Wilford on the run. I know no one is covering Wilford or rushing White, but White would have missed that throw half the time in mini-camp.
White looks much more accurate today. He really struggled during mini-camp and voluntary workouts.
– OLB Matt Roth is not practicing. He’s off to the side running.
– To trim to an 80-man roster, the team released guard J.D. Quinn, an intriguing free-agent rookie pick-up, with baggage, from Oklahoma, and tight end Jared Bronson, who was expected to be in the tight end competition.
– Speaking of tight ends, Wilford just caught another pass. That’s two in a row … exceeding his personal best from last year’s training camp.
– RB Ronnie Brown looks ready to go. He gets the crowd going by annihilating the blocking sled.
– Ted Ginn Jr. drops a pass from Chad Henne. Crowd not happy.