Today begins the final 6 days of our reader submission contest to find the next couple of writers for our staff. Next week will name the winners. Thank you all for helping us out and casting your votes to give us a better idea of who we should bring on board. Today we give you our 11th submission.
With the Ronnie Brown Contract situation still not situated, I have a thought on a possible scenario. The scenario would be trading Ronnie to the Oakland Raiders for RB Darren McFadden straight up. Now before people fall out of their chairs or start to turn their wrath on me instead of JT.
1) Ronnies age and penchant for getting injured.
2) He is coming back from a 2nd season ending injury in 3 years.
3) Being a 2nd overall draft pick, he should be in the same class as other 2nd overall picked RB’s. Tony Dorsett (77′) and Eric Dickerson (83′) just to name a couple. Is he?
4) Ricky more then filled his shoes last season when Ronnie went down.So it’s not like the Fins are without a suitable replacement. For now, that is.
5) Despite his latest injury, believe it or not, Ronnie still has some value. He is the best player in the NFL at running the Wildcat.
6) Brandon Marshall…any questions?
Why Darren McFadden?
1) He really hasn’t been lighting up the Bay area since he was drafted. A change of scenery (Ted Ginn come to mind?) might not be such a bad idea. Is he cosidered a bust? Not quite yet.
2) He has some injury issues also. Difference is DMC has not taken as much pounding as Ronnie has
3) His speed and power, when healthy, in my opinion is just as equal to AP in Minnesota. Seriously!
4) Oakland, like Miami have a pretty good “other” RB in Michael Bush
5) McFadden is younger.
6) David Lee was McFaddens offensive coach at Arkansas. David Lee is the QB coach for Miami. McFadden used to run the Wildcat on occasion in college. Hmmmmm???
Will or could it happen? Is it too far fetched or impossible? Not in a million years? Stranger things have happened in th NFL. Case in point: Jason Taylor is a New York Jet.