Omar Kelly is our go to guy for information coming out of the training camps…well, at least the guy I tend to go to.
Here is todays’ Omar Kelly observations from the Sun Sentinel.
UPDATE: See who won the initial Sean Smith Vs. Brandon Marshall Battle HERE…great read!
– Still no Pat White. Where is Mr. Wildpat? Is he, and not Chad Pennington, headed for the PUP? Or is this a super long bathroom break.
– Andrew Gardner and Lydon Murtha are splitting time as Jake Long’s backup at left tackle. Both are competing for 1 roster spot.
– Channing Crowder is being paired with Karlos Dansby as the starting inside linebackers. No surprise there. Tim Dobbins 2nd team with AJ Edds.
– Grice-mullen just had a drop.
– Bill Parcells has pulled golf cart within a few feet of defensive line drills.
– Dolphins WR Patrick Turner is practicing with the team but appears mighty stiff. Maybe it’s troublesome back?
– Will Allen and Jason Allen are being used as the second team CBs. Reshad Jones and Tyrone Culver are the 2nd team safeties.
– Ronnie Brown overthrows Sperry in end zone from a “certain package.”
– Newly acquired Charles Grant, wearing No. 53, is working at 3rd team LDE.
– Nate Garner is not in the OG mix. He is being used as the backup right tackle, working behind Channing Crowder.
– John Jerry is working as starting RG after spending all of OTAs on the left side. Dolphins must be pushing Richie Incognito.
– Donald Thomas working with second team left guard. Berger No. 2 center, Incognito back w/2’s at right guard.
– Dolphins rookie Jared Odrick is serving as the first team RDE. Marques Douglas is his backup. Tony McDaniel is 2nd team LE.
– Cameron Wake and Koa Misi have opened camp as the starting outside linebackers for the Dolphins.
– Cory Procter is working as the starting LG. He is backed up by Donald Thomas, who started at RG for 8 games last season.
– Ikaika Alama-Francis is being worked as a SLB, not a DE. He was paired on the second team with Charlie Anderson.
– Dolphins WR Brandon Marshall is recovered from his hip procedure and participating in Thursday’s start of training camp.
– Dolphins coach Tony Sparano broke it down and said his team has 747 reps of team drills ahead of them this week.
– “Chris Clemons had a good spring and this gives us a chance to see the next step, tackling and last line of defense type things,” Sparano said.
– Dolphins have DE Phillip Merling on the 80 player training camp roster. He’s not on IR or PUP. Could he play in 2010?
– Sparano said Phillip Merling’s injury puts more on Jared Odrick’s “plate, at least from the expectations standpoint.”
– The Dolphins have a new weight lifting and conditioning shirt that says “I’m starving. Feed the Wolf.”
– Sparano had his coaches break down film of everything WR Brandon Marshall does well to incorporate it in his offense.