Our friends over at the great DCProSportsReport.com do a weekly power rankings and they call it “The Most Prestigious Power Rankings In The World”. And they take pride in that assumption. Who am I to argue?
Here is their week 1 top 10. You can read the rest of the list right here. I think you will be very surprised where Miami fits into this little “power trip”.
01. New Orleans Saints [1-0]: Hired Dave Matthews Band for the pregame show. Is this 2002 or something?
02. Green Bay Packers [1-0]: I’m worried about their pass-blocking and pass defense, but otherwise this may be the most complete team in the NFL.
03. New England Patriots [1-0]: Will need to score a lot of points to make the playoffs this year. Fortunately, they’ve got just the offense to do it.
04. Baltimore Ravens [1-0]: Ray Lewis’ post-football career to include starring in a remake of the “Shaft” movies.
05. Pittsburgh Steelers [1-0]: Ben Roethlisberger using 4-week suspension to finish his book on etiquette for 21st century gentlemen.
06. Houston Texans [1-0]: Vatican rules that Houston throwing for about 100 yards and still stomping the Colts is one of the 7 signs of the Apocalypse.
07. Tennessee Titans [1-0]: Chris Johnson won’t get to 2500 yards this season, but another 2000 yards is a definite possibility.
08. Indianapolis Colts [0-1]: First time since 2008 the Colts lost a regular season game they were trying to win.
09. New York Giants [1-0]: 4th quarter against Carolina saw the return of the Giants Super Bowl defense.
10. Minnesota Vikings [0-1]: Should have been able to score more than 9 points against a very average Saints defense.