I am going to play the ‘what if’ game.
What if we get smoked out by the Jets on Monday Night Football? What will that do to our team morale after a national television lose? Would the white flag be waved?
If that is the case, should we not trade our best assets and build for the future?
What if we did the following?
– Trade Karlos Dansby
- Let’s be real…has Dansby made on game changing play since he has put on our uniform? Has there been on key hit, one key interception? The answer to all your questions is no! Dansby has not been the playmaker we thought we were getting when we gave him 22 million guaranteed. What if we traded him to a team that is on the verge of getting over the top?
- What if we traded Dansby to the Green Packers for their first round pick ( we all know it will be a late round pick, in the early 30’s)
– Trade Reggie Bush
- We know the future is going to be Donald Thomas, so why not let the kid play. We can use Lex Hillard as our change of pace back and see if he can develop. What if we can get a return on our investment and just build for the future
- What if we traded Bush to Pittsburgh? Mendenhall is hurting and Bush would only add to the excitement of Mike Wallace. Talk about speed on the field.
– Trade Jason Taylor
- I feel for JT. During his prime he was amazing, one of the best athletes we had the pleasure of watching every Sunday. He’s 37 and shouldn’t he deserve a chance to get to the dance one more time?
- What if we traded Jason Taylor to Houston? Super Mario is out for the season and adding JT as a stop gap for a 6th round pick would be great for both sides
– Kendall Langford
- Langford thinks he deserves a fat contract, and maybe he does, but based on what he has done on the field, do you really think someone is going to give him 8 million a year? Worse, do you think we are going to give him that type of contract…?
- What if we traded Langford to San Fran? San Fran has great LB’s, but there really isn’t one player getting to the quarterback. Adding Langford adds depth to a thin roster. If we could get a 3rd or even a 4th rounder that would be fair
Which one of these players would you be okay with letting go? Or is there someone else that you think should be added to the list. I have not included Marshall, because if we draft a QB in the first round, he needs a prime target, and Marshall is that. We can’t allow our first round pick not to have any weapons at his disposal.