Around the internet Miami Dolphins fans have been voting whether to give Tony Sparano another year as head coach of the Dolphins. In every poll I have seen the answer of “yes” is winning. On ESPN’s Coach Approval Rankings, Sparano had been on a steady incline since the winning streak happened in week 8. So did the entire Dolphins Nation forget the reasons we were going to throw him into the Atlantic? Let me be the buzz kill and remind you.
1. The fist pumping and celebrations after a field goal. A FIELD GOAL!!
2. Having an awful offensive line scheme, when that it his specialty.
3. Collecting Dallas Cowboys rejects.
4. Inability to win close games.
5. Can’t score Touchdowns.
6. Can’t seem to use his players effectively.
Some of these issues after 3 ½ seasons are now seeming to be fixed, but let me compare it to another coach that we all are familiar with, Jim Harbaugh. We are able to look at his coaching to show why Sparano must go.
1. Took a team with less talent than the Dolphins and made them a force to be reckoned with.
2. Found a way to make Teddy Ginn Jr. useful. Where Sparano couldn’t.
3. Turned Alex Smith, one of the worst QB’s in the league, into a superstar with a 94.9 QB Rating.
4. Did all this with less time, than Sparano has had with his team, this off-season.
The only thing I can compare to the two coaches is that neither can find the end zone in the red zone.
Tony Sparano is just another Miami Dolphins Coach that has flopped. The biggest issue I see with this situation is that we do not have a team on our schedule that we can really judge how good the Dolphins are. I think that we are on such a high from actually winning that we forgot that we had one of the easiest schedules in football and will have to win-out just to not have a losing season.