Peyton Manning has reportedly narrowed down the finalist to Denver, Arizona, and Miami. He is traveling to Denver to talk to the Broncos tonight. He wants to makes his decision before Tuesday.
This of course is good news for Dolphin Fans. Here is the list of reasons:
1. He is going to Denver first, which means he will stop at Arizona while he is out there, and end his tour by coming home to Miami. This gives Miami the freshness and the last say.
2. Going to Denver and kicking Tebow out of his starting role could cause major backlash with fans. This would however give Tebow a shot to look for another job. I just don’t see Manning cutting Tebow like that.
3. John Fox isn’t someone I think will give all the world to Manning and there owner, Pat Bowlen, will not go all out in paying him either.
4. It is cold in Denver.
5. Arizona has a starter set in Kevin Kolb and he is entitled to a 7 million dollar bonus at the end of the month. Can you see Manning stealing his job and causing him to lose his bonus and his team? I can’t.
6. Manning said he is open to play in the NFC, but he doesn’t prefer it.
7. The Dolphins are the only team that doesn’t have a starter set in place.
This is good news and I for one can’t wait to see him in Miami. By going to these cities he will also get to see how the Media is everywhere.
Last Note: He will not be a Jet.