Bahamas Final Mock Draft
No rules, no limits and with trades. Here is how I see the first round going down. Please note that this is just my opinion and what I have read and how I personally feel.
- 1. Indianapolis Colts: Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford
This doesn’t change. Indy’s GM came out and said it already. No need to spend anymore time on it.
- 2. Washington Redskins: Robert Griffin, QB, Baylor
Same as above
- 3. Minnesota Vikings: Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU
This is where the drama starts. I could see Blackman here, but Vikes just signed Jerome Simpson and still have Percy Harvin. I can’t see them adding another WR with the first round pick. They need to secure their secondary. Enter Morris, he would come in and start right away, trying to blanket Megatron.
- 4. Cleveland Browns: Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama
I can’t see this going any other way. Hillis is gone and they can’t go into camp with Hardesty as their primary RB. I don’t see it happening. Enter Richardson and they have one of the best RB in this years draft class.
- 5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Stephen Gilmore, CB, South Carolina
It’s no secret that the Bucs need a CB help, and with Morris off the board, and Richardson gone, I can’t see them going for anyone else.
- 6. St. Louis Rams: Matt Kalil OT, USC
Fisher has decision to make. Get Bradford a WR or get Bradford protection to allow him to throw to a WR. He’s goes with the latter.
- 7. Jacksonville Jaguars: Justin Blackmon, WR, Oak State
This is like a dream come true. The Jags would only want to trade down if Blackmon wasn’t available, but now they get an alpha WR. This unfolded exactly how they wanted it too.
- 8. TRADE Philadelphia Eagles: Fletcher Cox, DT Miss. State
The Panthers would have easily taken Cox with the next pick and Miami has too many wholes to not to accept this offer. Miami gets a Philly’s 2nd round pick and drops to 15th
- 9. Carolina Panthers: Luke Kuechly LB, Boston College
With Cox after the board, the next best defensive prospect is Luke. We know what the Panther can do on the O, but it’s their D that needs to be addressed. Luke would come in day 1 and start
- 10. Buffalo Bills : Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa
The Bill spent all of their Free Agent coin on addressing their pass rush. Now they need to give Fitz some time to pass the ball, and grab the OT they can find.
- 11. Kansas City Chiefs: David DeCastro G Standford
I can see Ryan here, but I just don’t believe it. I personally think they will go with on OG and get their running game back together. They signed Hillis this offseason, and Charles is coming back full force, so lets them run.
- 12. Seattle Seahawks: Melvin Ingram – DE South Carolina
The Hawks need to add a pass rusher, and they love the fact that Ingram is still on the board.
- 13. TRADE New York Jets – Mark Barron SS, Alabama
Dallas would have taken Barron next, but the Jets jump up the board and secure the SS that they targeted.
- 14. Dallas Cowboys – Dre Kirkpatrick – CB
They wanted Barron, but the Jets traded up and got him. Cowboys are left with the best remaining CB on the market.
- 15. Miami Dolphins – Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina
We have a gapping whole on the opposite side of Wake. Starks could do well, but with a 4-3 transition, you have Coples, Starks, Solia, and Wake. That’s looks like a great 4-3 to start the season.
- 16. Arizona Cardinals – Michael Floyd WR – Notre Dame
You have to make Fitz happy.
- 17. Cincinnati Bengals – Courtney Upshaw – DE
Not sure if you have read the same articles I have seen, but Marvin Lewis has a serious man crush on Upshaw
- 18. San Diego Chargers: Michael Brockers DE, LSU
The Chargers needs a pass rush. They haven’t had an outstanding DE since, Lights out played injury free. They go from Brockers who has been climbing up charts
- 19. Chicago Bears: Whitney Mercilus, DS, Illinois
This pick just makes sense. Hometown pride
- 20. Tennessee Titans: Dontario Poe, NT Memphis
Kid was all the talk during the combine, and now gets selected in the top 20. Remember when the Titans had big Al up front? They were dominant against the run. They draft Poe hoping for the same without the headache
- 21. Cincinnati Bengals – Janoris Jenkins, CB, North Alabama
Lewis waited until his second pick to reach on Jenkins, but they need CB help and draft the BPA at that positions
- 22. Cleveland Browns – Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor
I still don’t see Tannehill here. I think we have a Ryan Mallet type of slide until the 2nd round. The Browns got a RB, now they will get another WR.
- 23. Detroit Lions: Cordy Glenn G, Georgia
Stafford is china doll. Lions will do whatever it takes to protect him.
- 24. Pittsburgh Steelers: Chandler Jones OLB, Syracuse
Steelers need to upgrade their front seven. Not really upgrade, but they need to get younger. Chandler comes in and provides some youth.
- 25. Denver Broncos: Doug Martin, RB, Boise State
Need to get Peyton a RB that is a Ray Rice mold. This could get scary.
- 26. Houston Texans: Stephen Hill, WR, Georgia Tech
Their D is set. One of the best last year. Let’s add to the O, and it can only get better with the addition of Hill
- 27. New England Patriots: Donta Hightower ILB, Alabama
Pair Hightower with Mayo and you got a nice inside out game. Plus he was already trained by Saban
- 28. Green Bay Packers: Harrison Smith, SS, Notre Dame
They just released Nick Collins, so why not draft the best BPA at the position.
- 29. Baltimore Ravens: Peter Konz C/ Wisconsin
Ravens are trying to make up for the lost of Jammal Brown, and with Birk getting older this pick makes sense.
- 30. San Francisco 49ers: Shea McClellin DE/OLB, Boise State
It’s scary to think that this Defense might get better.
- 31. TRADE New Orleans Saints: Mike Adams OT, Ohio State
You know New England does this and they will get an extra first round selection next year. Meanwhile the Saints get a OL to help protect Brees.
- 32. New York Giants: Nick Perry, DE/OLD, USC
All they do is draft pass rushers, why would they stop.
Topics: NFL Draft