With the Avengers craze in full swing, I, as a fan of football and comic books, will attempt to assign a hero, or super-villain, to be an ambassador for each NFL team. After all, it is the off-season.
Let’s start with the Avengers.
1. Dallas Cowboys – Captain America
America’s Team gets the Cap. He wears a lone star on his shield and there’s no way I’m giving him to the New England Patriots.
2. Pittsburgh Steelers – Iron Man
He’ll have to change the orange on his armor to black but it seems like a natural fit.
3. Minnesota Vikings – Thor
Norse god for the Scandinavian warriors. Too easy.
4. Green Bay Packers – The Incredible Hulk
I refuse to surrender Hulk to the Jets but, as another green team, they get a consolation prize.
5. New York Jets – She-Hulk
She has beautiful feet.
OK, I know we still have the Black Widow and Hawkeye but let’s move on.
6. New York Giants – Beast
The G-Men get a big blue mascot.
7. Atlanta Falcons – The Falcon
8. Carolina Panthers – Black Panther
9. New Orleans Saints – Gambit
He’s a true Cajun hero.
10. Kansas City Chiefs – The Apache Chief
It’s about time DC is represented. Eh-neeek-chock!
11. Cleveland Browns – The Juggernaut
He’s brown and his momentum cannot be stopped until he reaches the AFC Championship.
12. San Diego Chargers – Black Vulcan
This DC hero was likely created by a Super-Chargers fan.
13. Philadelphia Eagles – Hawkman
He has wings and wears green leggings.
14. Oakland Raiders – Venom
He’s as dark as the Black Hole. Ghost Rider is also an option here.
I’m taking suggestions for the other 18 teams.
As far as our Miami Dolphins, I don’t want to settle for Aqua-Man or Sub-Mariner.
Follow PhinPhanatic on Twitter and Like Us on Facebook!