DJ’s Final Mock Draft 2.0
It’s kinda like Christmas Eve for all our true NFL fans. The NFL draft is almost here and we the fans are basically thinking what our GM Santa Clauses is going to bring us. The speculation and the rumors are swirling like snowflakes and with only one day remaining we can see why. Let’s take a look at our crystal ball and see how the final 1st round mock draft might go.
Kansas City: Eric Fisher – OT – Central Michigan
- I think Fisher is the best option in case KC can’t trade Albert. Fisher can play the RT position something that Luke can’t.
- Previous Pick: Luke Joeckel – OT, Texas A&M
Jacksonville Jaguars – Dion Jordan – DE/OLB – Oregon
- The Jags have a LT and although Monroe is in the final year of his contract, I still can’t see why they would select Luke, therefore enter the second coming of Jason Taylor. The Jags need to excite their fan base and Jordan brings with him big play potential
- Previous Pick: Damontre Moore – DE/OLB, Texas A&M
Oakland Raiders – Star Lotulelei – NT – Utah
- I see no change here. Star is the best player available.
- Previous Pick: Star Lotulelei – NT – Utah
Philadelphia Eagles – Luke Joeckel – OT, Texas A&
- Chip Kelly is dazed and confused and rushes to the podium to announce this pick. He can’t believe that Luke is still available.
- Previous Pick: Eric Fisher – OT – Central Michigan
Detroit Lions – Ezekiel Ansah – DE/OLB – BYU
- I keep thinking Milliner here as well, but with the injury report out on him, look for him to slide down. The Lions needs to add some pass rush with Suh and Fairley holding it down in the middle, so they take the best player available.
- Previous Pick: DeMarcus Milliner – CB – Alabama
Cleveland Browns – Sharrif Floyd – DT – Florida
- I see not change here either. Let’s put it this way, if you are not a Browns fan can you name the starting NT? Nope…didn’t think so.
- Previous Pick: Sharrif Floyd – DT – Florida
Arizona Cardinals – Lance Johnson – OT – Oklahoma
- The Cards got their QB in Palmer, so now Palmer will be going hard to say can you please protect my blind side? Enter Lance Johnson.
- Previous Pick: Geno Smith – QB – West Virginia
Buffalo Bills – Tavon Austin – WR – West Virginia
- I don’t believe the hype on Nassib. I don’t care if his former coach is now the HC of the Bills, it would be a mistake to draft him this high, when you can honestly get him in the 2nd round. The Bills have Stevie Johnson as their only true WR, you pair him with Tavon and give your new QB some tools to work with.
- Previous Pick: Ezekiel Ansah – DE/OLB – BYU
New York Jets – Barkevious Mingo – DE/OLB – LSU
- Dee Milliner makes sense here right? Wrong. I know they just traded away Revis but Ryan needs players he can plug and play from day 1 and not wait around. Remember he still as Cromartie and Wilson (former 2nd round pick). Ryan looks to build on his Dline.
- Previous Pick: Lance Johnson – OT – Oklahoma
Tennessee Titans – Chance Warmack – G – Alabama
- I see no change here, Chance gives life to C2K.
- Previous Pick – Chance Warmack – G – Alabama
San Diego Chargers – DJ Fluker – OT – Alabama
- This is it from Ryan Matthews. Either the light comes on or the Chargers release him and declare him a bust and a medical injury awaiting to happen. To ensure that the Chargers do all they can to ensure Ryan gets his apples, they draft Fluker.
- Previous Pick: Bjoern Werner – DE/OLB – Florida State
TRADE Atlanta Falcons – Dee Milliner – CB – Alabama
- The Jets select next, and if Dee is on the board it would make sense, since they have addressed their DL on their 1st round pick. Atlanta like Miami has 11 picks, and guess what, they lost their starting Cornerback to Miami. ATL still has Asante and if they are gearing up for a Super Bowl run, so why not draft up and take the best corner on the market. It makes sense.
- Previous Pick: Alex Okafor – DE/OLB – Texas
New York Jets – Desmond Trufant – CB – Washington
- I think Rhodes reminds me a lot of Cromartie so why Ryan have two of the same? I think Desmond understanding of both zone and press makes him the better option here.
Carolina Panthers – Cordarrelle Patterson – WR – Tennessee
- I see no change here. Panthers need to surround Cam with new weapons if he is going to succeed.
- Previous Pick: Cordarrelle Patterson – WR – Tennessee
TRADE Dallas Cowboys – Kenny Vaccaro, – S – Texas
- I see the Cowboys moving up and obtaining Kenny based on two reasons:
- 1. St. Louis looks like they need to address their safety with their first, first round select. And
- 2. The Cowboys are slowing but steadily building one of the best secondaries in the games. Going against Philly, Giants, and Redskins they need to.
St. Louis Rams – Alec Ogletree – LB – Georgia
- Now that Vaccaro is off the board, Fisher is like dam. He goes based on the best player available. I like Alec, cause you can pair him with Laurinaitis and build something special.
- Previous Pick: Keenan Allen – WR – California
Pittsburgh Steelers – Jarvis Jones – DE/OLB – Georgia
- I can’t see how the Steelers would pass on this LB? Wooley and Harrison are getting on the wrong side of 30, so adding some youth would be the best option and Jones would come in and learn day 1
- Previous Pick: Jarvis Jones – DE/OLB – Georgia
New Orleans Saints – Sheldon Richardson –DT – Missouri
- One of the worst teams against the run. Similar description as the Raiders. Richardson is the best available at DT and would come in and try to help the Saints D
- Previous Pick: Sheldon Richardson –DT – Missouri
New York Giants – Xavier Rhodes – CB – Florida State
- This match makes perfect sense to me, as Giants needs secondary help far more than they need DLine help. Rhodes would come in and start from day 1.
- Previous Pick: Barkevious Mingo – DE/OLB – LSU
TRADE St. Louis Rams – DeAndre Hopkins – WR – Clemson
- The Bears are looking to get their 3rd round pick back, and Rams need to beat the Vikings to the punch and they already missed on out on one of their targeted players. Fisher won’t let that happen again.
Cincinnati Bengals – Jonathan Cooper – G/C – North Carolina
- I am not sure what is going on with Andre. Drafting Cooper gives Lewis some line flexibility.
- Previous Pick: Manti Te’o – LB – Notre Dame
Chicago Bears – Manti Teo’ – LB – Notre Dame
- I say this only because the Bears got an additional pick to play with and they lose their MLB who roamed their field for the past few years.
Minnesota Vikings – Tank Carradine –DE – Florida State
- Jared Allen needs someone else to get pressure on QB and plus Allen isn’t getting any younger. Tanks is gaining a lot of pre-draft hype.
- Previous Pick: Johnthan Banks – CB – Mississippi State
Indianapolis Colts – Datone Jones – DE/DT – UCLA
- Freeny is gone and Mathis is getting older. Chuck needs a splash of youth on his line and Jones would come and provide that.
- Previous Pick: Alec Ogletree – LB – Georgia
Minnesota Vikings – James Taylor – CB – Boise State
- Vikes needs to address their cornerback situation with their 2nd 1st round pick, and it makes sense to draft the best available. I like Taylor game and he will come in day 1 and start.
Green Bay Packers – Eddie Lacy – RB – Alabama
- I don’t see any change here. The Pack need someone that can open up the passing game and Lacy is the best Running Back in the draft.
- Previous Pick – Eddie Lacy – RB – Alabama
Houston Texans – Tyler Eifert – TE – Notre Dame
- The Texans would be smiling if this ends up happening. This would take pressure off Foster, AJ and open up the seam.
- Previous Pick: Kevin Minter – ILB – LSU
Denver Broncos – Sylvester Williams – DT – North Carolina
- I see no change here.
- Previous Pick: Sylvester Williams – DT – North Carolina
New England Patriots – Justin Hunter – WR – Tennessee
- The Pats need to address their WR position, and I can’t see them trading up…maybe they will try and go after Hopkins, or perhaps Austin if falls out of the top 10, however if they stay right here, they get Hunter who some think has the same frame as VJax.
- Previous Pick: Tavon Austin – WR – West Virginia
Miami Dolphins – D.J Hayden – CB – Houston
- Ireland traded back hoping he could either get Tank or Tyler…he lost out on both. Then he was hoping to get Taylor…no luck. Ireland looks at his board and thinks that since we obtained another 2nd round pick if we decide to trade for Albert, so I will take the best player available. I am also very tempted to put Cyprien here, but that is my best player available.
- Previous Pick Dion Jordan – DE/OLB – Oregon
San Francisco 49ers – Eric Reid – S – LSU
- Reid is getting a lot of hyper as this class best Safety. San Fran will look at Reid and also consider Cyprien, but since Reid played in the SEC I believe they go with him.
- Previous Pick: Kawann Short – DT – Purdue
Baltimore Ravens – Kevin Minter – ILB – LSU
- Minter is the best LB in the draft, and Ravens looks to him to replace Lewis.
- Previous Pick: Arthur Brown – LB – Kansas State
So what do you think?