It’s official, the record for ANY group ticket sales at MetLife stadium has been broken by Dolphins fans. December 1st, 2013 will mark an unprecedented group of DolFans banding together to attend the New York Jets home game against the Miami Dolphins. Currently nearing 600 attendees and rising, DolFans NYC has organized the single largest group ticket sales – for home or away fans – in the history of the stadium. Let’s all do our part to give the Dolphins home field advantage in New Jersey in December.
Last season, DolFans NYC sold 199 tickets to the MetLife takeover, and attracted the attention of Dolphins Owner Stephen Ross, former Dolphins CEO Mike Dee, Dolphins legend Nat Moore, Dolphins minority owner Fergie, the Dolphins cheerleaders, and more – all of whom stopped by the pre-game tailgate to spend time with the fans. Inside the stadium, I had the opportunity to speak with Kathy Damato. Kathy was not a part of the event per se, but had seats in a suite on the opposite side of the stadium. According to Kathy, you could hear the chants and cheers of the DolFans 199 from inside the suite.
One can only imagine the attention that it will garner this season when 600+ fans get together for the tailgate, the deafening noise that will be heard throughout the stadium from the sections that are currently in process of being taken over. From the DolFans that join in outside of through DolFans NYC, attempting to bring a homefield advantage to Miami against a hated rival in December, in a game with possible playoff implications. Fans and players alike will look up to at a sea of aqua, orange and white. While I don’t know what the Dolphins brass has planned, while at the facility this past weekend I overheard some of the Dolphins brass talking about the Dolphins doing something even bigger and more special for this group of individuals than they did last year when so many key folks attended the tailgate.
There are various options to attend the game outside of the DolFans NYC group, such as purchasing tickets through the MetLife box office, or through various ticket brokers. Another intriguing option for if you’re travelling to the game is via the DolFanTravel group. DolFan Travel offers fans the opportunity to stay at the team hotel for both home and road games, with various additional options and packages to choose from to upgrade seats and locations.
- Stadium Capacity: Metlife Stadium currently has capacity to hold up to 82,566 fans. The upper bowl, where the Metlife takeover is currently taking place, has the capacity for 27,897 fans. Going from those numbers and factoring in no other Dolphins fans in attendance, excluding players families, team personnel, or any other Dolphins related attendees puts the group going with DolFans NYC at nearly .75% of the total stadium maximum capacity, and at nearly 2.2% capacity of the upper bowl. While these numbers may not seem like a lot when you look at them that way, that is a groundbreakingly large single group of individuals going to an away game.
- Ticket Pricing: $65 per ticket via DolFans NYC
- Seating: Current sections being taken over by DolFans NYC include sections 322 and 323. Individuals booking through DolFan travel will be seated in Upper Level Endzone seating.
- Charitable Proceeds: DolFans NYC is on a constant mission to raise money for various charities, including a sizeable donation to the Miami Dolphins Foundation. A portion of each ticket sold via DolFans NYC will go to charity.
- Twitter #: For all things relating to the MetLife Takeover on Twitter, please use the #MetLifeTakeOver
- Previous Year: For further information regarding last years MetLife Takeover event,
- DolFans NYC: To purchase tickets or for further information via DolFans NYC, please email [email protected]. Tickets are currently $65, with proceeds going to charity.
- DolFan Travel: For additional information on DolFans Travel and any relevant packages, please go to http://www.dolfan-travel.com/games/ and select the option for the NY Jets Away Game on December 1st. For any additional info regarding their ticket packages, seating locations, or other items to do with the travel, please use the contact information or other resources on their website. I’ve personally spoken to Fara Danow from DolFan travel and they are able to do a lot of different options for the trip.
Please don’t wait to purchase your tickets for the event, as while the stadium may have a large seating capacity by NFL standards, quantities are limited.