Hear me out….
Tannehill will be 30 years old when he comes back from injury (assuming he’s sidelined for the year). We don’t know if his knee will ever be the same, and just look at RGIII for evidence of a graceful fall from glory.
Is a 30 year old QB with knee issues really an option to lead this team in the future? Reviewing what is currently available:
- Jay Cutler shouldn’t be considered an option – yes had his best year under Gase, but no he’s not worth the gamble. If anything Romo should be the top pick – but it would cost draft picks and no word yet if he’s even interested.
- The free agent pool is weak. Kap, RGII, Ponder, these guys are on the street for a reason.
- Peyton Manning is not coming back, so let’s not even go there.
Enter the Patriots. They have the best back-up QB in the league. And yes, I reviewed each team QB situation; Jimmy Garoppolo.
GET DRAFT HELP: Fantasy Pros Draft Wizard and Fantasy Football Tools
The Pats are going to run with Brady for the next 2 years, which means that Jimmy G is going to be sitting holding a clipboard. It will take a kings ransom for him to be traded, let alone to a division rival. It has happened before – as Drew Bledsoe was traded from the Patriots to the Buffalo Bills.
More from Dolphins Rumors
- 5 bold 2023 offseason predictions for the Miami Dolphins
- Don’t expect the Miami Dolphins to move on from Xavien Howard
- A decision on Tua among things on Miami Dolphins to-do list
- Dolphins vs. Jets is an audition for free agent QBs
- What if scenario: Miami Dolphins have to replace Tagovailoa in ’23
If we are in a win now situation – why not trade for him. Isn’t the QB position the most important one? Yes, it would cost a first round pick and potentially more (1st rounder and 3rd rounder is the max I would offer if I was the GM)
At least make a call, and we already know, Billy Boy loves his draft picks.
PLAY FANDUEL: New users win first contest or get credited up to $120!
It would be an option that would make sense, as it gives the Dolphins up to 5 weeks before kick-off, thereby leading to an ideal time for Jimmy to learn the playbook and eventually start the 3rd/4th pre-season game.