2025 is so far away that we tend not to think that far into the Miami Dolphins future but for the Dolphins, they are in good shape.
2025 will see 11 players potentially hit free agency if new deals are not made prior to the start of free agency.
- Byron Jones
- Tua Tagovailoa
- Cedrick Wilson
- Jaelan Phillips
- Austin Jackson
- Noah Igbinoghene
- Jevon Holland
- Liam Eichenberg
- Hunter Long
Looking at this list we can assume that Jones may not be here by then. Tua will either be gone, be on his 5th-year option, or have an extension. Wilson could be gone the year before and no one seems in a hurry to worry about Jackson, Igbinoghene, Long, and Eichenberg.
The only two names that pop out aside from Tua are Phillips and Holland. Both are key to Miami’s future, today, but we don’t know about tomorrow, see what I did there!
In terms of cap space, obviously this far out there is plenty of money to spend but consider that Miami currently has 9 players under contract for 2025 and those 9 players eat up $100 million of cap space. By the time 2025 rolls around it won’t matter.
- Ogbah again sits with $18 million and Miami would recoup $16.9 if he were released.
- Howard sits at $22 million but Miami would only save $7.2 against a $15 million hit.
- Hill is at $28 million with $10 mill dead vs $17.8 in savings
- Byron Jones would still cost Miami $5.3 million in dead money and no savings if released.
- Terron Armstead will count $16.7 million with $11.9 of that being saved if released.
The remaining players under contract, Jason Sanders, Channing Tindall, Erik Ezukanma, and Skylar Thompson have minimal impact on the roster.