The Miami Dolphins have concluded training camp in preparation for the 2016 NFL season.
More from Phin Phanatic
- 4 offensive tackles Miami Dolphins could draft at 51
- Miami Dolphins don’t need CB help but these 5 could be available at 51
- 4 players that could replace Wilkins if Miami Dolphins don’t re-sign him
- Miami Dolphins have a starting point with Wilkins after Simmons deal
- The Miami Dolphins should not take a running back in the draft
The team held practice today inside the bubble due to rain. Head coach Adam Gase and his staff wanted the players to practice sharp as they prepare to face the Dallas Cowboys this Friday night.
Biggest news from camp today were the scuffles that took place. Cornerback Bobby McCain got put in “time out” as beat writer Omar Kelly described it after getting tied up with wide receivers Kenny Stills and Jarvis Landry. Guard Jermon Bushrod and defensive tackle Deandre Coleman also got in a fight today.
Personally this is the type of stuff I love to see. Earlier in camp guard/tackle Laremy Tunsil scrapped with defensive end Chris McCain. It gets the whole team pumped and ready to compete, something the offense has reportedly seemed to lack throughout training camp.
It’s also fair to note the big news that broke yeserday. Hard Rock now has naming rights for Miami’s “new” home stadium. You can read all about that the rights here. An updated rumor of the length of the sponsorship contract:
- Yesterday Miami waived injured defensive end Farrington Huguenin.
- Koa Misi, Cameron Wake, Jason Jones, and Arian Foster were all on veterans rest today.
- Chimdi Chekwa, Kenyan Drake, and Earl Mitchell all sat out practice due to injuries.
- Speaking of injuries, Kelly reported that it looks like DeVante Parker is running 100% as training camp comes to a close.
- People are high on wide receiver Griff Whalen’s chances of making the final 53-man roster. If he doesn’t make the cut expect him to get signed to the practice squad as long as he passes through waivers.