The Miami Dolphins will cut down their roster to 53 on Saturday. More than likely they will do so throughout the day on Friday. Some will not deserve a roster spot.
More from Dolphins News
- 4 offensive tackles Miami Dolphins could draft at 51
- Miami Dolphins don’t need CB help but these 5 could be available at 51
- 4 players that could replace Wilkins if Miami Dolphins don’t re-sign him
- Miami Dolphins have a starting point with Wilkins after Simmons deal
- The Miami Dolphins should not take a running back in the draft
Miami will wrap up their pre-season tonight against the Titans as they officially-unofficially open their upgraded stadium. Most of the starters will not play but some will and while they are not in jeapordy of losing their jobs the reps are important.
Paring down a roster from 75 to 53 is far from easy and no one wants to hear “coach wants to see you, bring your playbook”. Many will hear that but five players on the Dolphins will not hear those words.
And they should.
The time to part ways with Thomas has passed but the Dolphins for whatever reason will hold on to him. Thomas is a very good practice player and it’s because of that he sticks around. Unfortunately he is a liability in both run and pass blocking yet he still manages to keep his roster spot despite his poor play.
It appears more and more likely that Thomas will be relegated to a back-up role this year as Jermon Bushrod appears to have the starting job at right guard. Still, the Thomas venture should be ended.
Next: Dion Sims