It’s draft season for the Miami Dolphins. All scouts have their full attention on Seniors eligible for the NFL draft at the Senior Bowl in Mobile, Al.
My favorite time of the year is the NFL draft and everything leading up to it. One of those things includes the Reese’s Senior Bowl which is taking place this week.
The Senior Bowl, if you’re not familiar, gives NFL scouts one of their best opportunities to see some of the best talent the collegiate ranks have to offer. The only catch is only Seniors are allowed. All those superstar Juniors or redshirt Sophomores won’t hit the field for scouts until the combine in late February or their Pro Days in March and April.
Teams are talking to players all week throughout the Senior Bowl. They’re allowed formal, planned interviews and have the informal ones as well whether they occur at the stadium or in teh hotels.
More from Phin Phanatic
- Tua Tagovailoa practicing with teammates is everything a leader does
- 4 offensive tackles Miami Dolphins could draft at 51
- Miami Dolphins don’t need CB help but these 5 could be available at 51
- 4 players that could replace Wilkins if Miami Dolphins don’t re-sign him
- Miami Dolphins have a starting point with Wilkins after Simmons deal
Miami was spotted speaking to three players Tuesday night. Those players are:
- North Carolina wide receiver Ryan Switzer
- Auburn safety Rudy Ford
- Simon Fraser linebacker Jordan Herman
The Dolphins also scheduled interviews with these Senior Bowl prospects:
- Ole Miss tight end Evan Engram
- Florida linebacker Alex Anzalone
- Miami guard Danny Isidora
- LSU center Ethan Pocic
- Wisconsin linebacker Vince Biegel
These interviews could be anywhere from coincidences to legitimate interest to smokescreens. That’s the beauty of draft season.
Practice for the Senior Bowl resumes today starts at 12:15pm for the North team and 3pm for the South team.