The Miami Dolphins landed a great hidden talent in Emmanuel Ogbah.
The Dolphins organization entered last offseason in desperate need of pass rushers. The Dolphins finished last in the NFL with 23 sacks. This season, the Dolphins are currently ranked 9th in the league with 40. One of the biggest reasons for the major uptick in sack production? Emmanuel Ogbah has been “Scrooge-like” not just during the holidays but the entire 2020 season.
More from Dolphins News
- Tua Tagovailoa practicing with teammates is everything a leader does
- 4 offensive tackles Miami Dolphins could draft at 51
- Miami Dolphins don’t need CB help but these 5 could be available at 51
- 4 players that could replace Wilkins if Miami Dolphins don’t re-sign him
- Miami Dolphins have a starting point with Wilkins after Simmons deal
Why was it a good move?
Ogbah leads the Dolphins in both sacks (9.0) and QB hits (21) through 15 games this season. In addition, he’s giving the Dolphins this output as the 25th highest-paid player at his position (per Spotrac.com). The good news continues for the team is that Ogbah is under contract with the team for the same $7.5M again in 2021; if they don’t decide on an extension in the offseason.
Given GM Chris Grier’s track record of rewarding players for their effort, production, and ‘ team-first’ attitude, it’s possible that Ogbah (who’s only 27 years old) could be looking at a big payday in the coming year.
Well folks! We’ve covered the good and the bad of the team’s 2020 offseason moves. Feel free to tell me which moves you would rank higher/lower and if there are any you feel that I missed.