Deshaun Watson in New England would scary but do the Patriots have the capital to get it done?
Bill Belichick is not afraid to make bold moves and with Caserio now in Houston, the line of communication is open between the two. Caserio won’t be afraid to trade Watson to the Patriots and Watson would be stupid to block the deal.
More from Phin Phanatic
- 4 offensive tackles Miami Dolphins could draft at 51
- Miami Dolphins don’t need CB help but these 5 could be available at 51
- 4 players that could replace Wilkins if Miami Dolphins don’t re-sign him
- Miami Dolphins have a starting point with Wilkins after Simmons deal
- The Miami Dolphins should not take a running back in the draft
Belichick needs a QB because it became quite clear that his offense is dependant on a top talent at the position. The Patriots don’t have a ton of ammunition but if Belichick believes that Watson can get them back to the Super Bowl, he won’t care what it costs.
The Patriots have seven draft picks in this year’s draft. 15th overall, a second, and 4th are their highest picks. The Patriots could very easily trade away all three of their first four picks and add a first next year or maybe even the year after. Belichick is long in the tooth and his future with the Patriots is coming to an end in the next five years so buying a chance at another Super Bowl may be enough to drive him to sell off his draft picks.